What We Do
During the past years we have worked hard to complete very ambitious projects that have had a positive impact in the experience of park visitors and have helped create the next generation of State Parks enthusiasts. Check out some of our completed projects.
We are truly proud of these accomplishments!
LEWIS AND CLARK CAVERNS STATE PARK
- A large, custom built shade and weather shelter at Lewis and Clark Caverns to help the park offer alternative caverns tours to visitors with mobility limitations in the spring of 2020
- Provided matching funds for the development of a hike/bike-in campsite at the main campground of the park
- Earth Day volunteer event in April 2019
WILDHORSE ISLAND STATE PARK
- Installed landing site kiosks, trail marker signs, and built new visitor information stations
- Treated and manually removed several acres of invasive weeds and plants
Trail maintenance, construction, and facility maintenance
LONEPINE STATE PARK
- New visitor information kiosks
- Interpretive program equipment
- New Archery targets
MILLTOWN STATE PARK
- Installed park benches
- Planted trees, bushes and native plants
Tongue River Reservoir State Park
Repaired and replaced critical components of the Fish Cleaning Station located near the Tongue River Reservoir Marina
SLUICE BOXES STATE PARK
- Trail design
- Property boundary survey
MAKOSHIKA STATE PARK
- Trail design and consulting
WAYFARERS STATE PARK
- Lending library
- New park benches
SMITH RIVER STATE PARK
- Funded a ranger position for 2017
MADISON BUFFALO JUMP STATE PARK
- Paid for annual property lease
FUNDED THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF STATE PARKS DIRECTORS IN MISSOULA, MT IN SEPTEMBER 2017
Montana's State Parks embody the best things about our state. Clean, natural, accessible to everyone, our parks create a shared sense of pride in our communities. However, state budget shortfall, natural disasters, and increasing use have left our parks needing serious work.
A donation to the Montana State Parks Foundation helps fund projects like the ones described below. Projects that improve our parks and ensure that they will remain great for generations to come. Please help your parks with a tax-deductible gift today.
Stay up to date with our progress. Like us on Facebook. Keep an eye on our website and tell your friends about us.